The Boulders at Old Wauhatchie (St. Elmo Boulders)
The Boulders on Old Wauhatchie Pike is a bouldering area owned and managed by Lookout Mountain Conservancy (LMC), a nationally recognized local land trust in Chattanooga, TN. Situated next to Chattanooga’s St. Elmo neighborhood, it offers quality bouldering at all grades right at the base of Lookout Mountain. Super easy access and the closest rock to town make it a great place to go after work, with families and kids, or to simply get in a full session with friends.
Park at the parking lot on Old Wauhatchie Pike and hike up the hill to the boulders.
What to Expect
There are currently 27 boulders open to climbing (as of February 2022), all marked with signs along the trail. More boulders are planned for opening in the future as work on trails and landing areas is completed. Please respect any temporary closures as work is in progress.
- No camping.
- Obey leash laws and maintain control of pets.
- Pack out and properly discard of all trash.
- Fixed hardware is not permitted.
- Brush off tick marks and excessive chalk
- Minimize erosion. Keep pads and gear on durable surfaces.
- Stay on established trails. Do not trespass on adjacent private land.
- Park in designated spots. Pay close attention to posted signs. Respect private property.
- Loud music and noises can disturb wildlife, other users, and private landowners. Keep a low profile.
- Alcohol and drugs are not allowed on the trail or in the park.
No camping at Boulders at Old Wauhatchie