Stone Fort is located on and owned by Montlake Golf Course. Stone Fort offers some of the South’s most popular bouldering. All Montlake Golf Course rules apply at Stone Fort. All climbers must check in at the field house to pay for a climbing pass and sign a waiver. Food, drinks, and some climbing gear is sold at the clubhouse. Your cooperation is very important for keeping Stone Fort open.
What to Expect
Stone Fort boasts 200+ high quality sandstone boulder problems and some of the most popular lines in the Southeast. Stone Fort is wildly popular and can see hundreds of visitors on a splitter day. Be courteous of golfers and other climbers.
- No dogs
- No night bouldering or camping
- No loud music
- Maintain a low profile
- No climbing on the fairway boulders unless special permission obtained from Montlake Golf Course employees
- Stay off golf course and fairways, always yield to golfers
- Shirts must be worn in club house and parking lot
- Stay on trails
- Pack out what you pack in
No camping available at Montlake.
Stone Fort Bouldering by Andy Wellman