Pep Boys (Cumberland Boulders)
Land Manager: Cumberland Trail State Park
Area Rep: Ally Oliver, firstname.lastname@example.org
Located along the Cumberland Trail, Pep Boys offers a cluster of sandstone boulders, including some of the most well-known roof problems in the Southeast. Less crowded than the nearby Stone Fort, Pep Boys offers a more remote experience while maintaining the same level of quality.
What to Expect
The main boulders are about a half mile from the trailhead, just after the power lines. Many of the boulders are beside or even right over the creek that runs through the trail. Many of the climbs are overhung and require powerful movement, leading to some truly epic lines that will test mental toughness just as much as physical strength.
- Do not park anywhere but in the designated spots, if it is full go elsewhere.
- Do not leave valuables in your car.
- All visitors must be out by sundown.
- Do not start fires.
- You must keep your pets on a leash at all times.
- Pack out all of your trash.
- Follow all State Land Guidelines.
- Check out and support the Friends of the Cumberland Trail and cumberlandtrail.org
There is no overnight parking or camping anywhere along this section of trail.