*NOTICE: THIS PROPERTY IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED. Please review COVID-19 ADVISORY and follow all current CDC regulations as well as local/state mandates. Please stay home to prevent the spread of the virus.*
Land Manager: Southeastern Climbers Coalition
Area Rep: Eric Boarman, email@example.com
Kings Bluff is located in Clarksville, Tennessee and was donated to The Southeastern Climbers Coalition in 2002. The limestone crag is 9.78 acres and has over 160 routes traversing the Cumberland River on 1,673 linear feet of cliff. Primarily a sport climbing area, this area has routes ranging from 5.3 to 5.13 and will put your crimp strength to the test.
Climbing at King’s began in the early 1990s spearheaded mainly by Walt Wilkinson. The resurgence of development in recent years has been the result of the efforts of several individuals including Joey Redman, Doyle Parsons, and Mark Ilgner.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the gate code form.
What to Expect
King’s Bluff doesn’t have the hardest routes in the southeast but it does have a wide diversity of difficulty (5.3-5.13) to test your mettle. Limestone tends to be more crimpy and power climbing rather than pumpy and endurance climbing. The routes range in height from 30 to 80 feet and are almost exclusively sport. A few routes are mixed.
- Parking: The entrance to the bluff is through several businesses. Do not park in their spaces. Drive through the gates and park in the cul-de-sac at the trail head.
- Close and lock the gate behind you when you enter and leave
- Dogs are welcome at Kings Bluff
- Do not top out
- Climb only on established routes
- Leave no trace- please clean up after yourself and pick up any trash you may find
- If you see illegal or questionable behavior please call the local police. SCC has a zero tolerance rule for graffiti, littering and other illegal activities. Please help us keep Kings Bluff beautiful by reporting any illegal behavior.
There is no camping at Kings Bluff
Dixie Cragger’s Atlas
GATE CODE NEEDED FOR ACCESS
In order to access Kings Bluff, you must have the current gate code. Please fill out the form to receive the code. We will only use your email for contact regarding gate code or area policy changes.*NOTICE: THIS PROPERTY IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED. Please review COVID-19 ADVISORY and follow all current CDC regulations as well as local/state mandates. Please stay home to prevent the spread of the virus.*
By checking the gate code responsibility box, you agree to take care of the area and follow Leave No Trace best practices. You can learn more about Leave No Trace here.