On Oct. 1 we announced some amazing news happening this fall. From October through the end of November, when folks sign up for an SCC membership, their dollars are doubled up to $15,000.
Three climbing gyms in the southeast—High Point Climbing and Fitness, Stone Summit, and Climb Gyms—are partnering to make the most out of membership dollars.
Transforming the future
These gifts and their match help us reach our goals and make a major impact on our resources to support climbing access and stewardship.
“On behalf of the SCC and the people and areas we serve across the southeast, I want to thank High Point Climbing and Fitness, Stone Summit, and Climb Gyms for their transformative contribution to our membership drive. Efforts like this show that we can make a huge difference when we come together for a shared purpose,” said Meg Evans, executive director of the SCC.
Throughout the next few months, we will dig into some of the consequential effects of SCC membership, such as how the environment and our communities at large can benefit.
A few membership basics
But for now, we want to kick off by sharing five important things that you may or may not know about SCC membership. Pass this on to some friends and let them know the deets of SCC membership.
- Membership is annual. A volunteer recently told us they once believed their SCC membership never needed to be renewed. Like most memberships, ours is annual and we ask our members to consider renewing each year. This helps fund operational support and so many other efforts.
- Membership helps us grow. We’re pretty young actually! Next year we turn 30. And 30 is the new 20!.. er something like that. Investing in the SCC now gives members a chance to get in on the ground floor of a budding organization and influence the future of rock climbing in our region. We have seen so much growth over the past decade. Imagine what the next decade holds if we all chip in a little bit and work together.
- Membership cost is only $35. Or, members can upgrade their membership to $50 which includes a t-shirt so that you can rep your support. We also offer a low-cost monthly membership plan at only $5 a month. Options, options, options!
- Membership provides operational support so we can work on future land acquisition, work with landowners, offer education to new and seasoned climbers, coordinate volunteer groups who keep climbing areas beautiful, and offer fellowship events. We are a small but mighty team of three and your dollars go directly to keeping our team moving.
- Membership helps you send your project. It’s true. Because your project probably wouldn’t exist without the SCC.
One more thing
We’re pretty stoked to talk about our collective impact when working together. There is strength in numbers, and we have seen incredible momentum over the past few years. Keep an eye out for a new series outlining the “Meaning of Membership” in the next few months.
Renew or join HERE before December 1st to help us hit the matching goal!