*NOTICE: PROTECT ACCESS TO DEEP CREEK*
We have received several complaints from neighbors regarding disrespectful visitors at Deep Creek. These issues threaten secured public access to this area and we need your help.
When visiting our property, YOU MUST:
– keep your dog on a leash
– drive slow
– keep noise at a minimum
– lock the gate behind you
– park in designated areas only
– stay on trail
– agree to the gate code terms
– leave no trace: take your trash with you
– only day visit: parking lot closes at dusk
Please help spread the word so we can maintain public access to this area.
Land Manager: Cumberland Trail State Park, Southeastern Climbers Coalition
Area Rep: John Dorough, firstname.lastname@example.org
SCC purchased an access parcel to a Cumberland Trail State Park climbing area, Deep Creek, in 2011. Deep Creek is one of Chattanooga’s most popular crags and a beautiful portion of the CT hiking trail system. SCC owns and manages the parking lot and about 1/2 mile of trail that connects to the Cumberland Trail. SCC works with Cumberland Trail State Parks to manage the climbing area and trails leading to the climbing.
While visiting Deep Creek, please be respectful of adjacent land owners and follow at CTSP rules. The Cumberland Trail is an environmentally sensitive area. Please stick to the trail and don’t damage any of the local flora.
The SCC installed a combination lock gate at the entrance to the parking lot. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the gate code form.
What to Expect
Though there are a number of mostly undocumented trad lines, Deep Creek is currently focused on sport climbing. With lots of overhanging sandstone, most of the routes that have been established to date range from the mid-5.11s-up. However, there are good moderates in a section known as the Tea and Crumpets Wall, and more could be coming as route development continues.
- As of November 2017, TN State Parks are requiring all climbers to fill out a free online registration waiver. You can find this waiver here
- The Deep Creek parking lot is closed from 10pm-7am. No camping or loitering in the lot.
- Be a good neighbor: Please make a good impression by driving slowly, smiling and being respectful to our neighbors.
- Dogs: Dogs are welcome, but you must keep them on a leash.
- Leave No Trace: Keep this area beautiful and clean. Clean up after yourselves, your peers, and your pets. Lead by example and pick it up on the first pass.
No camping at Deep Creek parking lot or crag. There are campsites and backcountry camping along the Cumberland Trail. Visit TN State Parks website to learn more.