Posted on Monday, November 25|
The thermometer for Hospital Boulders Fundraising just skyrocketed from a low $30K to a high $40K, which propels the SCC well over half way to our fundraising goal of $80,000 for the acquisition.
The over $15,000 fundraising bump comes from a long list of events that took place in October and November, and the success of those events is due to the hard work and generosity of many event planners, volunteers, donors, and partner organizations!
1. $568 Flying Squirrel Fundraiser
2. $1000 Chattanooga Reel Rock Film Tour raffle, beer sales, and new memberships
3. $3620 Chattanooga Reel Rock Film Tour Ticket Sales
4. $1000 Stone Fort Triple Crown raffle, new memberships, and swag sales
5. $1500 Nashville Reel Rock Film Tour raffle, new memberships, and swag sales
6. $617 Boulderween
7. $2500 HP40 Triple Crown raffle, new memberships, and swag sales
8. $974 SCC 20th Anniversary Parties in Atlanta
9. $4683 BYOB (Buy Your Own Boulderfield) Fundraiser in Chattanooga
The goal of the SCC is to pay off the Hospital Boulders acquisition by this time next year, and then continue to fund raise for whats next?!?!
Many thanks to Max, Dan, John, Compton, Bethyn, and Al at the Crash Pad, the rest of the Flying Squirrel Staff, Chad Wykle and Mark McKnight with Rock/Creek and the Triple Crown, Lance Brock, Jamie Dial, and the rest of Climb Nashville Staff, Michelle Connell for Boulderween, Jason Plemmons, Will Eccleston, and other Atlanta event organizers, Lisa Hummel with the American Alpine Club, Zachary Lesch-Huie with the Access Fund, and all volunteers, event sponsors, and donors! With you help, Hospital Boulders will soon be paid off, preserved for future generations, and climbers owned and managed.
The Hospital Boulders Thermometer continues to rise thanks to huge support from the southeastern climbing community.
| More about Feature Article|
News by michael_wurzel
John Gill The Founding Father of Modern Bouldering...The Interview 03.14.2003