Posted on Tuesday, November 06|
Thanks to all volunteers who came out to help with the Steele trail day. The crag is all ready for the fall, and the SCC looks forward to seeing many climbers enjoying this great Alabama crag. Fifteen volunteers worked a total of forty-five volunteer hours covering several tasks, and then a few more volunteers put in an extra ten hours of work installing and upgrading anchors for a total of 55 volunteer hours worked.
Projects completed include:
- Three lawn mowers were running and cutting grass
- Micro grading sides of road so water could flow off road
- Camouflage painting the trailer to reduce its visual footprint
- Doing maintenance and making improvements to the approach trail
- Installing and upgrading anchors
Thanks to the SCC and volunteers for support, especially Ben Lyon and Sammy Raviv for all of their work behind the scenes.
| More about Trail Days|
News by michael_wurzel
Deep Creek Trail Day Yields 2 New Trails