The Deep Creek cliffs and streams are located on TN Dept of Environment and Conservation
land (State Land) and it is by their grace that we are allowed to recreate there. Please be respectful of all rules, other people, and of the sensitive environment while you visit this special and unique area.
(c) Sam Silvey
(c) Andrew Kornylak
Deep Creek Parking area and first 2 minutes of approach trail are owned and maintained by the Southeastern Climbers Coalition. While in this area, please be respectful of adjacent land owners by keeping a low profile and following the rules below. Please enjoy your visit to Deep Creek!
Thanks goes out to these orgs who partnered with the SCC to purchase the Deep Creek parking area:
- Wild Trails/Triple Crown Bouldering Series
- Cumberland Trail Conference
- Access Fund
- Carolina Climbers Coalition
- Friends of Cumberland Trail
GENERAL REGULATIONS - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- Drive slowly through the community. Please respect that families and their children live and play here.
- Parking area closed from 10PM to 6AM. No loitering.
- NO CAR CAMPING.
- NO CAMPING WITHIN ADJACENT PRIVATE PROPERTIES.
- NO TRESPASSING on surrounding private property.
- There are 26 marked spaces in the parking area. If all are taken, please visit a different area. Illegally parked vehicles will be TOWED at owner’s expense.
- Please keep dogs on leashes while in parking area.
CLIMBING SPECIFIC REGULATIONS - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- NO BOLTING OR NEW ROUTE DEVELOPMENT WITHOUT A PERMIT.
For information please contact John Dorough at email@example.com or Chad Wykle at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DO NOT LEAVE FIXED GEAR (NO QUICKDRAWS) OVERNIGHT.
Leave No Trace:
- Keep this area beautiful and clean. Clean up after yourselves, your peers, and your pets. Lead by example and pick it up on the first pass.
- Please read our crag minimal impact flier
From Chattanooga, Take US-27 North for ~19 miles to Hixson Pike Exit. Left on Tsati, go .3mi. Right on Dayton Pike- go 0.7mi. Left on Durham- go .4mi. Right on Spring- go .1mi. Left on Hotwater- go 2.1mi (up the mtn). Sharp right on Old Hotwater- go .5mi. Sharp left on gravel rd- go .1mi fork left onto gravel rd.- go 50ft. Right into gravel parking area.
Click here for map to Deep Creek Parking and crags
If you would like to visit Deep Creek, and would like the combination to the lock on the gate to the parking lot, you must have read and agree to the Regulations and Guidelines posted on this page.
Copyright © by The Southeastern Climbers Coalition All Right Reserved.
Published on: 2011-08-02 (3448 reads)[ Go Back ]