The Southeastern Climbers Coalition Area Representative Guidelines:
Area Rep positions are designed to serve as liaisons between the SCC, the general climbing public, and the owners or managers of crags and boulder fields. Area reps ensure that the SCC has up-to-date information on each area and that climbers have specific contacts who are knowledgeable about and responsible for each climbing area.
- Area Reps should be the first to report to the SCC when an issues at their climbing area arises.
- Reps should frequent the area. It should be one of their favorite crags.
- Reps are responsible for understanding issues and needs of their climbing area, which can include maintaining relationship with land managers or land owners, curtailing potential access issues, and thinking ahead about proper stewardship and maintenance.
- Reps will provide a biannual breakdown on the status of their crag.
- If needed, reps will help and/or plan trail days at least once year.
- Reps will maintain updated contact information on the SCC website. If rep contact info changes, please let the SCC know.
- Reps will promptly answer emails from climbers who have questions or comments about their specific climbing area. Contact between the general climbing public and the area rep is crucial.
- Reps get some awesome swag and benefits from the SCC for all their hard work!
The responsibilities should not consume more than a few hours of a reps time per year. If, for any reason, you are unable to maintain your status as area rep, please let the SCC know so another rep can be assigned to the area. Area Reps are crucial for the SCC accomplishing its mission at each crag. Thank you for your interest in supporting your local climbing community in this important role!
[ Go Back ]
Published on: 2006-03-06 (3619 reads)
Copyright © by The Southeastern Climbers Coalition All Right Reserved.Content ©