NEW LEDA REGULATIONS:
* Beginning August 1, 2014, the fee to climb at Leda and Lower Leda is $6.
* Climbers must visit Montlake clubhouse (same checkin as Stone Fort) to checkin and pay.
* At checkin climbers will receive a receipt which they will display in the driver's side dash of their car while they climb at Leda.
ACCESS TO LEDA PARKING AREA AND APPROACH TRAIL
Climbers, due to the closing of the roadside parking for Leda, the SCC has worked with Montlake Properties, the Cumberland Trail, and the Hamilton County Department of Transportation to put in a new parking area and trail head for Leda. The new parking area is located across from Terrace Falls Drive in the hairpin turn.
The approach trail has been surveyed, pioneered, and rough cut. In subsequent trail days, it will be completely finished, but it is more than passable now. Climbers, please use the new Leda parking area and approach trail, and avoid in the pull offs or approach Leda via Montlake Road. The new Leda approach takes approximately 15-20 minutes.
Attention Climbers,due to new safety regulations implemented by the Hamilton County Department of Transportation, the pull offs from Montlake road previously used to access Leda are closed until further notice. The SCC does not recommend using these pull offs to access Leda climbing.
Leda is a small roadside crag located west of Soddy Daisy, Tennessee. The Sandstone bluff offers both sport and trad lines, and is a great place to learn to climb or get in a quick climbing session after work. Because of the dangerous mountain road at Leda, please leash dogs at all times. Directions to the crag and topo can be found in the latest Dixie Cragger''s Atlas for Tennessee or Chattanooga Steel.
Daniel Cartwright(firstname.lastname@example.org) and Matthew Gant (MatthewGant@gmail.com) are the SCC Area Reps for Leda. If you have any comments on Leda such as reporting bad bolts, fundraiser ideas, trail day work ideas or anything else, shoot us an email!
Leda - Access Tips
* Keep your dog on a leash at all times.
* Haul out your trash and anyone else''s. We are guest, so keep the crag clean.
* Car pool - as parking is limited
* Help out with trail days and anchor repair to keep the crag in good shape
* Be safe and have fun!
- Jody''s Route
SCC Crag - Minimal Impact Flier:
Copyright © by The Southeastern Climbers Coalition All Right Reserved.